The saintly king of France, Louis IX (1214-1270), a pilgrim to Nazareth in 1251, is represented in the act of offering the Virgin the chains of imprisonment suffered by the Saracens, during the crusade he led. Next to the bishop is Gualtiero de Sens holding the crown of thorns sent to the king by the Venetians. On the right side a page bears the insignia of the sovereign who has the physiognomic features and the royal robes of Louis XIV, the Sun King (1638-1715).The painting was donated to the sanctuary by Anna of Austria, queen mother of Louis XIV, king of France, with a deed of 31 October 1661, through Msgr. Lorenzo Brisacer, the representative of the sanctuary, with the request that it be exhibited in the Holy House every year, on 25 August, the feast of St. Louis IX. Already attributed to Charles Lebrun (1619-1690), it is enclosed within an ancient and rich golden frame carved in rococo style. The vast canvas comes from the Basilica, where it was placed in different locations: near the sacristy of St. Mark, then near the Swiss chapel and, finally, near the French chapel.